Sunday, November 1, 2009

Move Over Ace of Cakes


My Brother wanted to have a fountain on his wedding cake. We explained that this was a little bit 80's and we recommended forcefully that he drop his dream. My Mother and I then brainstormed that a grooms cake would be a great alternative. Luckily, I have a VERY talented Mother in Law who makes wedding cakes and possesses the skills to do just about everything in the world of cake. She showed me how to make gum paste and with that I made figurines.


I tried to incorporate things that made me think of Stephen. Thus came the idea to make a park with a long boarder. Inside the park was a man with a lacrosse stick and ball and some other elements. In the end the cake became dessert at the wedding luncheon. When I asked Lynette to help she thought I meant a small cake but when all was said and done the cake was big enough to feed 125 people with some leftover. I had such a great time making it. I would love to do it again. Is any ones birthday coming up??

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yup...Coopers. He wants a cow cake so can you get on it please...haha

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Oh my heck Michelle! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I might be commissioning you to do thing for me now too! Loved it!

Unknown said...

looks great! Good work! What did he think of it?

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Nice Work Friend! Maybe they are hiring over at Charm City Cakes.

I'd hire you, in fact, aren't we having a Christmas party...

Erin Davis said...

Love the cake, and the stinky costume! :)

David and Maggi said...

I was looking at your blog and i saw that carson was a skunk for halloween. So was jack. The funny thing is that as i was looking at the picture i noticed that not only were jack and carson the same thing but i honestly wore practically the same thing that eddie was wearing in that photo. He is still trying to be like me. someday