Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rockin Good Time in San Diego... Literally (Part 1)

We went to San Diego for a week right around Easter. We enjoyed a lot of sun and many sights while there. The first adventure we had was going to La Jolla beach. There were a lot of seals and beautiful cliff views. Part of me wanted to move to California when I saw how beautiful it was.
Here we are all enjoying the beautiful sun and waves. It was much too cold to get in, but perfect to wade in. Apart from the fact that I stepped in something that stuck to my foot. Yuk! It was black and felt like tar. I hope that it was tar or oil and not something more disgusting.




Sunday we decided to relax and listen (or try to listen with three kids) to General Conference. It proved to be difficult because the Internet was not working very well and the sound was not very loud. Luckily, we took turns and were able to catch some of it.
My Parents also helped the Easter Bunny to find our hotel. Here they are digging into their toys and candy.


That same day we headed to the beach again. There was a place near our hotel with a little beach at the base of a cliff. We arrived and began to set our stuff out onto the beach when I felt the ground begin to shake. I stood still to figure out why I felt so funny when I saw that everyone else was doing the same thing. Finally, someone came over the loudspeaker and told us to stand away from the cliffs to avoid falling rocks. We stayed at the beach regardless and enjoyed ourselves. Later that night Eddie and my Father felt another aftershock as well. The pictures I took at the beach didn't turn out great. My Sister took the one where we are not facing the camera and I love how it turned out!


1 comments:

Ariel said...

FUN! I wish I was there with you.