Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Carson Has Arrived!!!






Michelle is still resting in the hospital, so I will take my turn writing the blog. We are so happy to announce the arrival of our new baby boy, Carson Wade Hutchison. Here is how the events of the last few days played out. Monday we went back to the doctor only to leave disappointed. He told us Michelle hadn't progressed much from the previous week. Michelle was quite depressed the rest of the day, but she woke up Tuesday feeling a little more optimistic. We went on a walk and she felt the usual cramping, nothing too serious. Later on that day I decided that we should go golfing. I made Michelle ride along in the cart while I played. Thank goodness I was keeping score because Michelle needed the score card to record her contraction schedule. By the end of 9 holes she said I had to stop playing and that we needed to get home so she could call her doctor. The contractions were about 5 minutes apart by then. As soon as we arrived home she called her doctor and he said we better get down to the hospital. Michelle was worried that it might be a false alarm since the doctor visit from the previous day had yielded no promising information. We were delighted to learn (Michelle especially) that she was dilated to a 6. They admitted here around 6:30 pm, and after a couple hours she began pushing (I was watching the NBA finals and cheering Michelle on). At 3:21 am this morning she delivered our new beautiful baby boy. It was the most awesome experience of our lives. Michelle was a champ. She worked so hard throughout the night, and is shaping up to be a great mom. She is recovering on schedule, and little Carson appears to be doing great. He doesn't cry much. He just sleeps or looks around a lot. It is so amazing to have him with us. This week has been filled with a variety of emotions for us as we celebrated Father's Day. Michelle and I both have wonderful Fathers. The anticipation of becoming a father myself was wonderful. The reality that my own father is no longer with us was difficult. However I feel blessed, and any feelings of sadness are accompanied by feelings of gratitude for the man that my father was. I asked Michelle if she thought my Dad and Carson had a chance to spend some time together before he joined us. We agreed that this must have been the case, and that my Dad had advised Carson to be sweet and respectful to his mother, and to give his father hell. In honor of my father we decided to give Carson, as a middle name, my father's own first name, Wade. To our families and friends thanks for your support and prayers. I now need to get back to the hospital and hang out with my beautiful wife and little boy.

17 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute nephew!! Can't wait to meet him. I'm sad I can't come see him sooner. He is adorable!

Em said...

We are so, so happy for you both and sweet little Carson Wade. What a handsome little guy! Hope everything continues to go smoothly and that Michelle is feeling like her normal self soon enough. Congrats!

Angie said...

Eddie and Michelle, congrats on your beautiful baby boy. We're glad that all went well and we are so excited for you guys. Way to be strong Michelle and we look forward to meeting the little guy one day.

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Yahoo!! Way to go guys! I have been anxiously checking the blog for photos!! He is absolutely adorable and Michelle you look awesome! I couldnt show my post labor photos for fear of injuring the viewers...but Michelle you look as beautiful!! I cant tell you how happy I am and how excited I am for our little guys to be friends. It is going to be so fun! I loved the post- good job Eddie! It is an amazing experience and It just gets better and better. We sure love you guys and know we are just thrilled for you!! Also let us know if you need anything at all.
Congrats and Trayden says he cant wait to meet little Carson :)

Laura said...

congrats to both of you...he's adorable!

Ellen said...

CONGRATS!! He is SOOO cute! I love new babies! They are the BEST! And I agree with Kristina, Michelle you look GORGEOUS!!

Amy Jane said...

congrats!! he is so cute, and michelle you look beautiful!! can't wait to see you both!

DJ and Kristin said...

Boy am I glad I checked out your blog today!! CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you guys!! He looks adorable!! I am so glad michelle that the labor went well, what a women, and you look great. Enjoy him and take care. Again CONGRATS!!

Julienne said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful and Michelle looks great for just delivering a child. We are glad that everything went so well. Congrats once again.

Marie said...

Yay! Congrats you guys!! Michelle you look so great!

theSwensenFamily said...

Oh, we are so happy to hear that little Carson is here! He is beautiful! Way to go Michelle! You are a trooper! Congratulations to you both! You will make such wonderful parents! Enjoy your little one!

Erin Davis said...

What a beautiful baby! Becoming parents for the first time is a great experience. You guys are going to be wonderful parents! Congrats!

Sheena Larkin said...

Thanks for sharing Ed, your post brought tears to my eyes. Carson is beautiful!! And I'm so glad to hear that all is going well. Michelle, you look AMAZING!
We are so excited for you both and little Carson is so lucky to have such amazing parents. I'm sure is grandpa Kim is so proud that he will carry on his name.
Love you guys,
The Larkins

Heather Whitehead said...

Congrats Michelle! Little Carson is adorable and you look great. I'm excited for ya, you will be a great mom.

THE RAYMONDS said...

Congrats! He is beautiful! I am so happy for you! Let me know if you need anything!

Megan said...

Michelle and family, congratulations. What a cute little boy!

-Megan Ward

Michelle said...

AAH!! CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! SO happy for you - Carson is completely darling, I can't wait to meet him in person! I loved the golfing story - using the scorecards to keep track of contractions! Umm Michelle, since this is your first one you may not have realized this, but you are not actually supposed to look that stunning after delivery . . . you are seriously making the rest of us look terrible:):) Just teasin! So, so happy for all three of you! Congrats!