Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catching Up.

We have been in Utah for over a month now and I cannot believe that it has gone so fast. I have a few things I want to mention over the past few weeks. Starting out with Carson's birthday party.
Carson's birthday was on the 18th of June. I cannot believe that a year ago on that day our lives would be forever changed. We welcomed Carson into our house and a new life began. He is such a good baby!! I cannot believe how lucky I am to have him in our family. We decided to keep his birthday party simple and have some family over for pizza and bread sticks. This first picture is of Carson with Grandma Buttars and his birthday cake.

Carson was a little apprehensive of his own cake at first.

As you can see he soon got over his apprehension and began digging in. Our secret was a little ice cream, which he loved.

Here is a picture of all the party animals that were at the big celebration. It was crazy trying to get them all to sit, but worth it. Their names are Carver, Carson, Boston, Alli, Cooper and Ryker.


Another big event was the fourth of July this year. In Lewiston it is always a wonderful event. It was even more fun this year because my aunts Sonya and Susan came out with their husbands Rod and Brad. My Grandma and Mel also made the drive down from Alpine, Utah. It has been a while since our family has been together for the fourth and it was a lot of fun. Our little town quadrouples in size with all of the people that come to visit. We began the morning with a 5K race.
The first picture is of my Mom, Dad, Me, My Sister Ashley. The second picture is of my aunts, Sharee, Susan and my Mom. The third picture is of my Dad and uncle Rod.



This year we sat in front of my cousins for the parade (thanks Daniel and Amy). We then went for a walk in the park and headed back to Smithfield for the Bartlett family reunion. For the first time in a long time all of the Bartlett siblings were in Utah. It was fun to see everyone and their kids. Here are some pictures of the fun we had.


Carson got stuck at the top of this huge slide. It sad because he was so nervous, but eventually we got him down.

Lastly, we headed back to Lewiston for the fireworks.

Here are my grandparents at he fireworks. Also my aunt Sonya who is going to beat me for putting this picture of her on my blog. I just cannot resist showing everyone how happy she is to be with me in Lewiston.


All in all we had a great time, although we were very tired after it was all over. Thank you to everyone for all of your hard work on our behalf. We really had a great time!!

9 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Look at that cute kid! What a big boy! I love the picture of him being suspicious of that cake...so cute. And the cake was awesome too.

Looks like a lot of fun in the sun.

Miss you.

{Layla} said...

OH my goodness, Carson is handsome!
Oh how I miss the Lewiston fireworks!!!

Amy Jane said...

Glad to have you back in my life! Blogs are great!! Happy belated birthday to Carson!!

Unknown said...

the cake is adorable! Did Grandma design it or did you? Happy b-day Carson (belated, I know)!

and are you serious? You start out the 4th of July by RUNNING a 5k? Are you hard core or what!

Sheena Larkin said...

Yay!! Thanks for the update! I can't believe how big and adorable Carson is. Love the cake, it's almost as big as my wedding cake:) I'm so glad you had a nice 4th, I wish I could have been there to see you. It was so good talking to you the other night.
Miss you!!

Heather Whitehead said...

You guys are such a cute family and Carson is such a cute little boy! We will definatley have to have a Glacier bay reunion, We could possibly be back in the states in a few months for good. I will let ya know i would love to meet up with ya!
You look beautiful as ever Michelle!

DJ and Kristin said...

I am so glad you are back in Utah!! We really need to get together and have some fun!! Maybe a playdate..Brynley loves new friends :)

Bonnie said...

Cute cake! That's the best part about their first birthday, but you always have to convince them that it's finally OK to ruin something so pretty! Looks like you are loving Utah! I'm glad you get to be with family.

Ariel said...

I love the cake. Way to go! I also love that you wore your Ohio State shirt for your race. OSU Pride. We miss you.