Sunday, October 11, 2009

Goodbye Grandma

We can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life.

Russel M. Nelson

Last week we lost my Grandma. It was quick and relatively painless which was all we could ask for. I was sad, but mostly for myself. My Grandma survived on this earth for over 36 years without her husband. Recently, she started loosing her hearing and eyesight. It was pneumonia that finally took her life but I swear she had nine. She survived cancer, a stroke, nearly choking on a pear, a grand father clock falling on her twice, and many other ailments.

Some of my favorite memories of her were when she would come out to visit when I was feeding the calves. She had a little bit of trouble speaking, but she still made an effort to visit with us. She always had a supply of skittles for the grand kids and spearmint or big red gum. The Utah Jazz were also something that she loved. I don't know if she missed many game the past few years.

I know that she is in a better place, but I am going to miss her here on earth. I hope she had a great reunion with her siblings, parents, and especially my grandpa Wendell. I am grateful that I can call her my Grandma. She endured to the end through all the trials that life offered. I take comfort in knowing that she no longer has trouble speaking or expressing herself. I am truly grateful that I will see her again. We love you Grandma!!





3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But, I'm so glad you have such a great perspective, it does help with the heartache.

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

You have the sweetest grandma! I am so sorry for your loss. Even when it's expected it is a hard thing! I still miss my grandma Hodges sometimes and shes been gone for over 15 yrs now! I really feel like they are still close watching over us.

Ariel said...

I know she was having some health problems recently. I am sorry for your loss, but I am glad that your Grandma is now in a joyful place.