Saturday, May 28, 2011

My honey is 30!!


This year Eddie turned 30! I cannot believe how quickly the past few years have gone by. I am so blessed to be married to such a great man! He has accomplished so much in his 30 years and I love being his wife.
To celebrate this momentous occasion I planned a surprise trip. He knew he was getting off work to go somewhere, but I kept the location a secret until we were at the airport. We both knew we wanted to go somewhere warmer so we headed off to Monterey, CA. It is such a beautiful place and there was a golf tournament going on at Pebble Beach that I thought Eddie would enjoy.
The first day we drove to Carmel, CA. This was my favorite experience. The cliffs right by the ocean and the huge redwood trees were so beautiful. We went on a small hike and were amazed by the trees. Some of them were totally burned out on the bottom and hollow, yet they still stood. I wouldn't want to go on that hike in a windstorm.



Nearby there was another shorter hike that was absolutely beautiful! There was a waterfall coming out of one of the cliffs onto the beach below. I know my description does not do it justice, but I absolutely loved seeing it. We wanted to go down on the beach where the waterfall fell, but there was no public access.





There was also an amazing bridge on the way home. It made me nervous to go over it because it spanned a deep crevice, but it was a beautiful structure.
We passed an area where we saw a group of people looking out over the ocean. I looked in the direction they were faced and saw a whale spout. We pulled over and looked for a while and saw a few more spouts.



The next day we headed to San Francisco. Neither of us have been there before, so it was fun to see Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and other sites. The only problem was that I left my camera battery charging in the hotel back in Monterey. I was so mad. We bought a disposable camera so I have no pictures to post from that day.
While in San Francisco we took a double decker bus tour. It was fun to hear about the history of the city and the people in it. We also drove over the Golden Gate Bridge (it was a $6 toll just to drive it). We also found Lombard Street and Eddie braved the drive down it. I couldn't believe how steep and narrow it actually was. The houses there were amazing and I wish we would have had more time to explore everything.
The next day was the celebrity golf tournament aka The AT&T Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. We found our way to parking and then were bussed to the golf course. The bus driver got lost along the way so we had a lovely tour of all the huge houses and the tree that adorns the Pebble Beach Logo.


Finally, we arrived at the course. I was impressed with how beautiful it was. One of the first golfers we saw was Phil Mickelson. I couldn't believe how close you get to the golfers. We followed Phil for a few holes and then moved on to find other celebrities and pro golfers.
While there we saw Ray Romono, Kevin Costner (who was not very nice), George Lopez, Anthony Anderson (who we actually talked to), Bill Murray, Bill Belichick, Andy Garcia and a few others. Eddie knew the pro golf players, but I didn't recognize many of them.
The tournament was really fun. I was surprised how much I enjoyed myself watching the players. It was fun to see the celebrities up close. Some interacted with the crowd the whole time while others really focused on their golf game. My feet were really swollen that night from all the walking around, but it was worth it.
For me, the trip was a success. The coast was beautiful, San Francisco was neat and the golf tournament was enjoyable. I think Eddie had a good time as well. It was nice to just have the time for the two of us. Thanks to everyone who helped with Carson while we were away.

0 comments: