Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yipee Carson is Three

My little man turned three!!! Wow my cute little boy is no longer a toddler. I cannot believe how much he seems to have grown in the past year. He helps me so much and keeps me on my toes. Anyone who knows Carson knows that he is a very energetic child and I love him for it.
We decided a bicycle would be a good way for him to get some of the pent up energy out. Eddie went to the store and picked out the perfect one and... Carson hated it. He wouldn't even try and ride it and got scared every time we tried to set him on it. Luckily, this year we had a family reunion at Dawnata Hot Springs on his birthday so not all was lost.





I was supposed to bring dessert for the reunion so I made cupcakes with Phineas and Ferb (Carson's favorite show or should I say my favorite show). Carson has a hard time waiting to blow out the candles and I had a hard time lighting them with the wind but finally we lit at least one to blow out.
Later everyone headed to the pool to swim in the nice warm water (everyone except Sophie and I we decided she was a bit too young still). They also have water slides at the pool. Eddie took Carson on the big water slide and after they walked all the way to the top the lifeguard told them that Eddie couldn't hold Carson on the way down. Not wanting to walk all the way down Eddie sent Carson on his way by himself (with Stephen at the bottom to catch him). He came out terrified and wouldn't even go on a small slide into the pool. Eddie felt really bad and we had a talk about age appropriate activities for three year old chldren.





Even with the traumatic experience we had a good time with the fam. Carson was exhausted at the end and fell asleep shortly after we got into the truck. Dawnata was nice and we will definitely have to go again.

0 comments: