Monday, October 24, 2011

The Great Pumpkin

This year we carved pumpkins again with Grandma Nette. Carson worked on the pumpkin with Grandma and Eddie and I worked on our own. I was going to do something easy until Eddie talked me into doing something a little more challenging. The first pumpkin you see is Carson's the second is mine and the third is Eddie's.




My pumpkin took several hours and it was the first time I have carved using a different technique. It was fun, but I don't know if I will take as much time this year as I did last year. As long as I thought mine took, Eddie's took much longer.




He spent two days working on his pumpkin and claimed he could have worked on it more. Our problem was finding the right tools to use when we were carving. A lot of things we tried kept braking or didn't scrape enough pumpkin off. The pumpkin looked done to me but Eddie wanted to carve more so the light would shine through when lit. In the end it turned out awesome and Carson loved it. I am impressed with this secret talent of Eddie's.



0 comments: