Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In Loving Memory


It is hard to believe that a year ago today we were on a plane headed back to Utah for my father in law Kim's funeral. I remember we found out that he had passed away in the airport just as we were about to board the plane. I of course started crying heavily and Eddie was the one that comforted me. I cannot believe it has been a whole year and so many changes have taken place. With little Carson it makes me realize how much love a parent has for a child and I know that Kim felt that for Eddie.
One of my favorite memories of Kim was when I was working for him at Gilt Edge Flour Mills. I was in charge of typing up P.O.'s for their shipments. One day I made a mistake and the shipment was sent off course. When the mistake was found out instead of making me feel worse than I already did, Kim told me not to worry about it even though the mill would be fined a few hundred dollars. He also took the blame upon himself saying he should have caught the mistake as well. I know that it was in fact all my fault but he was kind enough not to make me feel like it was.
I know Kim was a wonderful man because I see it in my husband everyday. Eddie learned the value of hard work from both his parents and to honor his Priesthood from his Dad. Eddie still opens the door for me which I know he learned from his Dad. I remember Kim would always get the door for Lynette whenever we were going anywhere.
I just wanted to thank both Kim and Lynette for being wonderful parents and raising a Son to love and respect his Wife. I know that this year has not been easy for Lynette but she has been so strong and I look up to her very much for that strength.
I am very honored to be a transplant into the Hutchison family and their legacy. I am also glad that my Son will be able to carry on the Hutchison name.
We love you Kim and you will never be forgotten!

7 comments:

Ballard Family said...

It was nice to hear your thoughts about dad. I can't believe that it's been a year. We miss you guys very much and look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Love Julie

laci said...

What a nice tribute Michelle! I don't think there can be a greater legacy than that of Kim living on through his kids and now grandkids. We're thinking of you guys!

Ashley said...

You guys are definately in our thoughts and prayers at this time of year. That was a really nice way for you and everyone that reads your blog to remember Kim. We love you guys!

Sheena Larkin said...

That was very touching, Michelle. I know it's been a hard year and I think you are all so strong and amazing. I know Kim is so proud of his beautiful family. You're in our thoughts.

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Please know that we are thinking of you guys and look up to you both for your strength. I am sure Kim is so proud of you both and I sure feel so blessed that you guys came into our lives. You are both exceptional people and I admire you so much. You are in our prayers. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

That was a beautiful tribute Michelle and he was and still is an amazing man from everything you said. The perfect dad and Eddie's the perfect example of him. We pray your burden in light.

Tami said...

Michelle,

Thanks for posting this and thanks for being such a great addition to our family and for working through the tough times with us.