Thursday, November 27, 2008

Twilight Review

I went to see Twilight some of my friends last Saturday. It was a lot of fun to get out and see the movie. I am a huge fan of the books and I have been awaiting the arrival of the move and I must say...
I was a little disappointed (ok Sheena stop rolling your eyes and let me explain). I thought that the movie was ok but I let my expectations build up too high. I also let this happen with the Harry Potter movies but now I love them all. Maybe I just need time to watch the movie again and appreciate it for what it is. I am looking forward to the other movies! There will definitely be a bigger budget for them to make a better movie. Hopefully Edward will not run up anymore trees with Bella on his back (super awkward). I also have to let the actor Robert Parttinson (Edward) grow on me. If you are a fan of him I would not recommend watching him on any talk shows! he is a little strange in real life(on Jay Leno he talked about his bad hygiene and wore his shirt half open exposing nasty chest hair). I hope I did not upset anyone with my somewhat negative view of the Twilight movie to make it better here are some great pictures of Edward (way to go hair and makeup crew!). I almost forgot there was one thing in particular that I really loved about the movie Emmett Cullen. I thought he was perfect for his character!

4 comments:

Sheena Larkin said...

I promise ... I wasn't rolling my eyes as I read your post:) I will admit the movie was a little cheesy but I enjoyed it, surprisingly. Edward was very awkward but he grew on me throughout the movie (minus the tree climbing). You were always such a critic, Michelle. I guess I'll have to borrow the rest of the books from you so I can be prepared for the next movie.

Amy Jane said...

Ok, so I think I was the opposite.. I had really low expectations and so the movie was better than I thought. I really did not like the characters before I saw the movie, but did once I saw it. It was better the second and third :) time I saw it though... (I promised different people I'd go with them.) I do however, have to admit that there were some REALLY cheesy parts, but over all I liked it. I agree, and hope too that they will keep getting better with a bigger budget next time!

Kari said...

I had somewhat low expectations, and so I came out loving it - but I have to agree with you on Robert. I saw him on the Today show - and he was, awkward...

Kevin Leak said...

You don't know me, but I'm a friend of your Dad's and was a good friend of Kim Hutchison. I'm Zach Leak's Dad, Kevin. Would you please send me Lynette's new address, I would like to send her a Christmas card. rkleak@yahoo.com

Thanks!